Faith Based View of the Word of God
We believe the Bible is the Word of God, inspired and inerrant, and throughout history God has preserved His infallible Word in a collection of sixty-six Books, beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation.
2 Timothy 3:15-17; Psalm 12:6-7; Proverbs 22:12
We subscribe to a moderate dispensationalism, which means we “rightly divide the word of truth” in acknowledging God has dispensed eternal life by grace through faith in different ways at different times in human history.
Colossians 1:25-27; Ephesians 3:1-10
Historic and Fundamental Doctrines of the Faith
We believe in the historic and fundamental doctrines of the Faith with regard to:
- The Deity of Christ 1 Timothy 3:16
- The Virgin Birth Matthew 1:18-25
- Christ’s Blood Atonement for Our Sin Romans 3:23-25; Hebrews 7:25-27; 1 John 1:7; Hebrews 9:12-14,22
- The Bodily Resurrection of Jesus Romans 10-9; 1 Corinthians 15:12-20
- The Second Coming of Christ Matthew 24:27-31; Revelation 19:11-16; Isaiah 66:15-18
Church Authority and Separation
We believe in the authority of the local Church, and it’s separation from both State and political entanglements.
2 Timothy 2:4; Ephesians 1:22-23; Acts 13:1-3; Acts 11:25-30
We believe the church has two biblical ordinances:
- Baptism – In water by immersion for a born-again believer Acts 8:27-39; Romans 6:4-11
- The Lord’s Supper – as a memorial “…to shew the Lord’s death till he comes” 1 Corinthians 11:23-24
The Free Gift of Eternal Life
We believe in the free gift of eternal life given to anyone who will believe in Jesus as Savior.
John 3:16; Romans 6:23; Romans 10:9-13; Ephesians 2:8-9
Trinity of God
We believe in the divine Trinity. Within the nature of the one true God there are three eternal, co-equal persons: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost.
1 John 5:7; Ephesians 2:18
We believe the Bible teaches the harvest (rapture) of the Church, and the seven year Tribulation period, will both occur prior to the 1,000 year Millennial reign of the Lord Jesus Christ on this planet after his Second Coming.
1 Corinthians 15:1-58; Revelations 2:1-4:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:5-12
We believe in the responsibility of the local church to disciple Christians in the Word of God and its doctrines. Our pattern of discipleship is based on the example of Christ’s earthly ministry and the life of the Apostle Paul. We are a disciple-making church.
Matthew 28:19-20; 2 Timothy 2:1-3; Acts 18:8-11; Acts 20:19-20